Nothing encourages bonding among family and acquaintances like sharing a good meal together. And sharing that meal al fresco makes it all the more special. Having an backyard kitchen and dining area to entertain your visitors won’t purely assist you make memories that you’ll cherish for a very long time to come, but it will additionally enhance the cost of your property. So in case you imagine it’s time you provide your backyard a much-needed upgrade, here’s a guide to constructing an backyard kitchen to get you started.
It All Starts offevolved With a Plan
Before you start buying things and putting your backyard exciting area together, you wish to get a hold of a plan. Here are a few things for you to consider.
- Decide if you would like a full-fledged kitchen to positioned together problematic meals, or if you’re simply considering a fish fry grill. The size of the countertop on your outside kitchen island relies on these factors.
- How far away out of your indoor kitchen will you be constructing your outdoor cooking space? The number of appliances and the amount of storage space you will need to invest in is dependent upon this.
For example, if your backyard kitchen is going to be an extension of your house separated via just a display screen door, you won’t want to hassle too much approximately storage and can manage to go back and forth out of your kitchen. But that’s something you’d want to avert in case your open-air hooked up is a distance away out of your house.
- Choose a layout and appliances that will be accessible, efficient, and will provide you with importance for money. Use your indoor kitchen for notion if needed. Get accurate measurements of everything you will want to buy, including your grill, cabinets, refrigerator, sink, etc. It is important because you will need to buy all of this hardware earlier than you start building your backyard kitchen.
It is necessarily a good idea to have a friend, ideally someone who may have constructed a comparable kitchen earlier, check out your plans and standards before you begin.
Choosing the Right Materials
Since you’re constructing an outside kitchen, it is going to obviously have to be weather resistant.
- Popular countertop substances comprise stainless steel, granite, concrete, tiles, and Dekton. Whichever material you choose, make sure it is non-porous. Ensure not to select limestone or quartz as these materials don’t stand up to the vagaries of the elements too well.
- Outdoor cabinets made up of marine-grade polymers, aluminum, stainless steel, or healthy stone are preferred. If you want shelves made of wood, teak wooden handles aging and weather changes bigger than different hardwoods.
Here’s a step by step description of the process of building a DIY outdoor kitchen island utilizing frames made up of wood, metal, or concrete panels.
1. Wooden Frames
Build a body utilizing lumber and plywood. Strengthen it using cement board cutouts. You can conceal the board with a veneer of your choice like tiles, stucco, or stones to make it aesthetically pleasing. Hide the top with the counter of your choice, and attach the hardware, adding grills, cabinets, fridges, etc. It is the most reasonable option among the three.
2. Metal Frames
Choose a powerful base like a 4” cement footing. In case you build your kitchen on tender ground or perhaps on pavers, you can make sure of it sinking. Weld together a body produced from stainless-steel or aluminum studs. Apply cement forums with matching cutouts to the frame. The rest of the method is the same as with wooden frames.
3. Concrete Panel Frames
A lot of companies now offer backyard kitchen island frames produced from modular concrete panels in custom sizes that can be easily glued on together. While these are easy to assemble, enormously durable as well as climate and fire-resistant, assembling those kits requires appreciable bodily effort, thanks to the load of the concrete panels.
Concrete panel frames can handle the load of heavy countertops bigger than their different two counterparts. And whilst it comes to making them seem great, they can handle all types of veneers as well.
Popular Outdoor Kitchen Layouts
Here are some famous outdoor kitchen layouts to inspire you while you’re designing yours.
1. The Classic Island
If you’re looking at area optimization, the outdoor kitchen island is your go-to design. This design is characterised via the outside grill and burners in the center, with the appliances on either side.
2. The Galley
The galley is right for spacious outdoor kitchens, with a cooking counter on one side with a serving facet on the other. There’s sufficient space for the chef in between the two counters.
3. The L-Shape
The L-shaped outside kitchen is analogous to the island design, with a small extension on one conclusion for a few guests to sit down and delight in their meal.
Here are some extras that you can upload to your backyard kitchen guaranteed to make heads flip and mouths water.
1. Outdoor Dining Area
You’ll want a happy and covered seating area in your family and your guests to savour their al fresco meal. Think about a blanketed gazebo-style seating area. Outdoor furniture created from wrought iron, wicker, and teak wood are first rate selections for backyard eating areas. For a extra bohemian, upcycled look, think about buying furniture produced from repurposed steel or wood, or perhaps making your own tables and chairs using wooden pallets.
2. Temper Lighting
You’ll want to savour your outdoor area after the sun is going down as well, so plan your lighting to set the mood. Think about accent lights around your grills, appliances, and counters to enable you to see clearly. Recessed lighting under your dining vicinity with string lighting from nearby rafters and shrubs, or maybe even some lanterns will upload to making the mood more enjoyable. And of course, there’s nothing particularly like a hearth pit for you to hot yourselves round when basking in its hot glow.
3. Woodfired Pizza Oven
Pizzas are an eternal favorite, and adults appreciate them up to kids do. A wood-fired pizza oven will permit you to bake sparkling pizzas with the further smoky goodness that comes from the woods you employ as fuel; whatever that an electric oven just cannot replicate.
Things That Will Want Professional Attention
- Your backyard kitchen website will want adequate plumbing and irrigation.
- You will want piped gas to hearth your gas grills and burners.
- You will want electricity to energy your fridge, dishwasher, rotisserie motors, blenders, etc. Plus, in case you plan on having amusement in your backyard dining area, together with a sound procedure or a flat-screen TV to watch the game on, that will want energy as well. So ensure you get electrical work done.
- You will definitely need water lines as well.
What It Will Price You
Building an backyard kitchen can cost you anything between $4,000 to $12,000 in materials alone. Your appliances might set you lower back another $5,000. So building the kitchen of your dreams outdoors is obviously no longer going to be cheap!
Build Lifelong Stories Along With Your Outdoor Kitchen
A lot of every family’s fondest memories revolve around awesome foods shared with first rate company. An outdoor kitchen is a surefire way to construct a treasure trove of pleasant memories.